Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies. Cheesecake.
That’s right, I put cheesecake in my cookies.
Which is enough reason alone for you to get into the kitchen and make these right now! I swirled bits of frozen cheesecake into the cookie batter to represent the cream cheese frosting trademark of red velvet cake, and added white chocolate chips to enhance the cheesecake flavors and give the cookies that perfect sweetness. And the gorgeous red and white contrast of these cookies is so gorgeous!
These are so perfect for Santa tonight!
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp red food coloring
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup high quality cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 12 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup frozen cheesecake pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare your baking sheets.
- Sift together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt)
- Beat together the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla and egg.
- Mix in the red food coloring.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until everything is combined.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and frozen cheesecake pieces.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet and bake for 9 - 11 minutes.
- Let cool, then enjoy!